- Employee allowances and benefits have risen in the GCC, according to a report by Aon Hewitt. Full Story »
- Plans are underway for Arab Energy to purchase Egypt's first floating power plant, to help alleviate the energy shortages in the country. Full Story »
- The Jordan Valley Farmers Union wants to sue Israel for damage caused by wildfires. Full Story »
- The Middle East is experiencing a boom in business education, to meet increased demand for highly skilled employees. Full Story »
- Charging visitors a nominal fee to visit some areas in the West Bank would help improve services, according to a Palestinian official. Full Story »
Business InsightsRecent News
- Recent News
- IT and Technology
- Economy and Policy
- Infrastructure and Property
- Oil and Renewables
- Banking & Finance
- Islamic Finance and Industry
- Travel and Tourism
- Education and Employment
- Goods and Services
- Transport and Aviation
IT and Technology
Economy and Policy
Infrastructure and Property
Oil and Renewables
Banking & Finance
Islamic Finance and Industry
Travel and Tourism
Education and Employment
Goods and Services
Transport and Aviation
Mind Your Own Business
- Find the job you love, so it doesn't feel like work!
- Applicants with the right technical skills are hard to find, according to 68% of companies.
- A majority of small- and medium-sized enterprises, or SMEs, in the UAE are planning to increase their headcount.
- We know ‘it’ matters. Some go to war for it. Professional sports teams draft for it. Actors audition to show they have it.
- The GCC consulting market grew by more than 15 per cent to $2.5 billion in 2014.
- The Art Price Global Index has performed well, amid growing interest in Middle Eastern art.
- A closer look at which goods and services in the UAE are getting costlier by the month.
- A large number of people of working age in the UAE are taking inheritance for granted, which prompts them to save less for retirement.
- This will yield positive results and be to the advantage of Gulf economies at more than one level.
- Apparently, secrecy and shame about money-related problems is still rife.
- Cyber crime is on the rise, but there's no need to throw money at solutions.
- If companies cannot provide customers with a mobile app experience that accurately reflects the values of their brand, they risk seeing their competition pull ahead.
- It's not possible to talk about Israel's taxi hailing app Gett without mentioning its great rival Uber.
- Yes, the Apple Watch has made its way into the UAE. Are you ready to pay the price?
- Inundated with hashtags, re-tweets and favourites? Now you can sift through them and find the important ones easily, thanks to a new Twitter feature.
- Users with tattoos report glitches with their Apple Watch sensors.
- UAE-based Diamond Developers said the work at its five-million sq ft development ‘The Sustainable City' (TSC) in Dubai is progressing well.
- Don’t let the smartphone end up controlling all aspects of your waking life.
- The annual GBM Security Study, now in its fourth year, has shown that security breaches in the GCC are on the rise.
- The company ceased to assemble cars in preparation for leaving the Egyptian market by May