- The total volume of foreign investments in the UAE, at present a regional base for over 500 international companies, exceeded $100 billion in the past 10 years, according to Minister of Economy Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri.Full Story »
- The Kingdom of Jordan has awarded Raytheon an $18.6 million contract to expand its border security work on the country's border with Syria.Full Story »
- A new smart system has been installed in 50 public buses to monitor the physical condition of bus drivers and spot signs of exertion and fatigue.Full Story »
- Egypt’s foreign reserves decreased by $1.76bn of their value in September, reaching $16.334bn, compared to $18.096bn in August, the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) announced on Wednesday.Full Story »
- The UAE has the most powerful passport in the Mena region, which lets Emiratis travel to 113 countries visa-free, a report said, highlighting that it is the first Arab country to be granted a European visa waiver.Full Story »
Business InsightsRecent News
- Recent News
- IT and Technology
- Economy and Policy
- Infrastructure and Property
- Oil and Renewables
- Banking & Finance
- Islamic Finance and Industry
- Travel and Tourism
- Education and Employment
- Goods and Services
- Transport and Aviation
IT and Technology
Economy and Policy
Infrastructure and Property
Oil and Renewables
Banking & Finance
Islamic Finance and Industry
Travel and Tourism
Education and Employment
Goods and Services
Transport and Aviation
Mind Your Own Business
- Starting your own business requires motivation and total commitment. Here are a few must-know tips from the founder of Slickr.
- Combat stress to improve your overall health and working life.
- Establishing and maintaining a good professional relationship with your manager can affect short and long term success career success.
- Work, like life, is busy. Make the most of what matters by managing your time effectively.
- Going the extra mile with a little grammar and vocabulary revision before your interview could land you the job.
- New streamlined procedures will allow an automatic refund as long as the visitor complies with all regulations.
- Consumers in the UAE can expect to see their household spending to double this year compared to a year ago, although prices are expected to ease in the last quarter of 2015. Experts expect the overall inflation to average 4.37 percent.
- Cut the cost of living with careful spending in order to save, while enjoying what life has to offer.
- Finding the right bank can make a huge difference when settling in to a new life. Choose wisely!
- Want to travel in style for less? Check out these tips on how to enjoy the perks without the payout.
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages promises shorter page load time is good news for consumers, but bad news for marketers.
- Huawei's storming the Middle East with its mid-range smartphone with a top-end feel.
- If losing your connection hub is a major concern, check out these models which scored highly for long-lasting batteries.
- Samsung Electronics on Saturday unveiled its Galaxy Gear S2 smartwatch for the first time in the Middle East at the 25th anniversary edition of Gitex Shopper in Dubai.
- These are the top ten trends at Gitex Shopper 2015 in Dubai, an eight-day shopping fest of the best technology on the market.
- A call from the White House got Kickstarter on board to bring refugees much-needed aid.
- The Dubai Motor Show will be at the Dubai World Trade Centre from November 10-14, showcasing the latest green technologies in the auto industry.
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership lowers trade barriers between the US and 11 nations, but the deal awaits approval from the US Congress.
- Looking to exploit the potential of Iran's promising car market, VW officials joined German reps from Daimler, Siemens, BASF and tourism officials on a fact-finding visit to Iran.
- Short-term visas to the UAE can now be obtained 24/7 via the Ministry of Interior's website or smartphone app.