Ismailia agricultural exports hit US$ 293 million
Major General Abdul Jalil , the Ismailia governor in Egypt, stated that the total exports of fruit and vegetables during the year 2010 amounted to US$ 293 million. In quantity terms, the total exports reached 202.6 thousand tons.
The governor added that agricultural exports, including strawberries, peanuts, oranges, beans, onions, peppers, sesame seeds and mangoes were exported to countries such as the UK, Italy, Morocco, Lebanon, Romania and Russia. The governor hailed the produce saying Ismailia enjoys "international reputation" over its agriculture produce, which is free from pesticides and chemicals.
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- World Bank offers Jordan $1.4B over six years for Syria response
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Businessmen tortured in UAE