Ismailia agricultural exports hit US$ 293 million
Major General Abdul Jalil , the Ismailia governor in Egypt, stated that the total exports of fruit and vegetables during the year 2010 amounted to US$ 293 million. In quantity terms, the total exports reached 202.6 thousand tons.
The governor added that agricultural exports, including strawberries, peanuts, oranges, beans, onions, peppers, sesame seeds and mangoes were exported to countries such as the UK, Italy, Morocco, Lebanon, Romania and Russia. The governor hailed the produce saying Ismailia enjoys "international reputation" over its agriculture produce, which is free from pesticides and chemicals.
- DP World’s profits soared by 41 percent in H1. What’s their secret?
- Kingdom’s SMEs hold stronger outlook for Q3
- Jordan's King Abdullah has a 10-year plan for the country's economy
- Dubai's economy could have an optimistic future with a 5.6 percent growth this year
- Ups and downs: Jordan's public debt is up and ratio to GDP is down