Ismailia agricultural exports hit US$ 293 million
Major General Abdul Jalil , the Ismailia governor in Egypt, stated that the total exports of fruit and vegetables during the year 2010 amounted to US$ 293 million. In quantity terms, the total exports reached 202.6 thousand tons.
The governor added that agricultural exports, including strawberries, peanuts, oranges, beans, onions, peppers, sesame seeds and mangoes were exported to countries such as the UK, Italy, Morocco, Lebanon, Romania and Russia. The governor hailed the produce saying Ismailia enjoys "international reputation" over its agriculture produce, which is free from pesticides and chemicals.
- Egypt passed the economic conference with flying colours, but what's next?
- Why the GCC really needs a VAT tax
- Selfies, jokes, and billions: Sisi 'boisterous' after economic summit, but the hard part has just begun
- 'Open for business': what did the World Bank have to say about Egypt's economic conference?
- Egypt's Economic Conference: formidable expectations, formidable challenges