Ismailia agricultural exports hit US$ 293 million
Major General Abdul Jalil , the Ismailia governor in Egypt, stated that the total exports of fruit and vegetables during the year 2010 amounted to US$ 293 million. In quantity terms, the total exports reached 202.6 thousand tons.
The governor added that agricultural exports, including strawberries, peanuts, oranges, beans, onions, peppers, sesame seeds and mangoes were exported to countries such as the UK, Italy, Morocco, Lebanon, Romania and Russia. The governor hailed the produce saying Ismailia enjoys "international reputation" over its agriculture produce, which is free from pesticides and chemicals.
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- Tunisia 2020 investment conference: 145 mega projects on offer
- GCC tax on expats' income and remittances would be highly regressive: IMF