Egyptian guitar, cello and piano musicians to grace the stage at Cairo's Arabic Music Institute
On Sunday 27 April three Egyptian musicians will grace the stage of the Arabic Music Institute. Emad Hamdy will perform on guitar, followed by Ashraf Sharara on cello and Eman Samy on piano.
The recital is part of the International Music Centre's (IMC) monthly activities, a dynamic music institution of which Ramzi Yassa is artistic director. Since its founding in 2002, the IMC has presented numerous world class pianists as well as provided a platform for Egyptian musicians. For many years, concerts of the IMC were held at the historic Manasterly Palace and in three seasons at the Prince Mohamed Ali Palace. Current renovations of the Manasterly Palace are the reason for IMC's activities being moved to the Arabic Music Institute.
Throughout its history, the IMC has hosted a multitude of internationally renowned pianists and other musicians. In its current season, the centre has held many evening with established Egyptian musicians.
Sunday, 27 April at 8pm
Arabic Music Institute, 22 Ramses Street, Downtown, Cairo
For tickets contact the Cultural Development Fund, tel (02) 27357001 / 27354234, or inquire at the performance location
- Here's what's happening in Egypt this week: Get out to hear some guitars, see "The Ugly" and more!
- Here's what's going on in Egypt this week: Apri 27-May 4
- Cairo feels the Polish connection with classical music legend's anniversary
- Egypt to Open Arab Music Institute
- Enjoy a flavorful week of art, film, music & theatre in Cairo & Alexandria this week!