It's no joke that the Laughter Factory is coming to Abu Dhabi tomorrow night!
Snicker your way into summer with this month’s Laughter Factory tour, with three comedians from London’s Comedy Store kicking off proceedings tomorrow evening.
Pete Johansson from Canada, Mark Nelson from Scotland and Michael Fabbri from England are the visiting stand-ups angling for your funny bone.
Pete has been performing in Australia lately, having supported Reginald D. Hunter on his UK tour last year. He is a former nominee for the Edinburgh Award and the Chortle Award for Breakthrough Act, and has appeared on TV shows like The Late Show with Craig Kilborn and Russell Howard’s Good News.
He regularly updates his Twitter and Facebook pages with musings such as, “People in nice hotels always look at me like I’ve won my stay in a raffle.”
Mark began performing comedy in 2005, and the following year won the title for Scottish Comedian of the Year.
The Sunday Times has praised the Glaswegian funnyman for his “blistering material, which pushes dangerously near the boundaries of good taste”.
Michael, known for his self-deprecating and sometimes controversial style, broke out in 2003 when he reached the final of Channel 4’s So You Think You’re Funny competition.
He has since toured the UK and beyond, supporting the likes of Micky Flanagan and Lucy Porter, as well as performing numerous shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
By Adam Zacharias
- Dubai to roar with laughter at standup comedian Maz Jobrani's "My Lion is Moist Tour” this May
- "Whose Line is it Anyway" in Dubai this April? Why it's Phill Jupitus's and his fellow comedian friends of course!
- Samir Ghanem: to Make People Laugh is an Art in Itself
- International artists 'stand-up' in Egypt
- Bring on the summer: Abu Dhabi to host 3-month long summer culture & arts season