It's official! "Star Wars VII" is on location in Abu Dhabi
I mean, we pretty much knew it already, but it's nice to know that it's no longer just a "rumor has it" that the latest greatest Star Wars will be shot, at least in part, in Abu Dhabi.
Walt Disney Co. finally confirmed our suspicions with an announcement that the seventh installation of the film franchise is already underway in the sand dunes just outside the UAE capital.
Arabianbusiness.com reported that the company's film division chairman, Alan Horn, shared the exciting news on Tuesday at a Bloomberg Business of Entertainment event in New York.
“We have to give it that ‘Star Wars’-ian look... So we need to go to different places that give us the right look and feel,” he said.
- They have landed: Star Wars: Episode VII in Abu Dhabi and ready to start shooting
- Cameras are rolling in Abu Dhabi for a very different Stars Wars: Episode VII
- Abu Dhabi's even hotter with Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie joining "Star Wars: Episode VII" cast
- Action in the UAE: Abu Dhabi beat out Tunisia for Star Wars: Episode VII filming location
- Bring on Abu Dhabi! Adam Driver think it's surreal to be in "Star Wars Episode VII"