Arab teens name top brands
Fast food, fizzy drinks, and sportswear top a newly compiled list of the most popular brands with teenagers in the Middle East and North Africa.
According to Dubai-based market research firm AMRB and global teen research firm TRU, the top five brands in the region amongst teens are KFC, Pepsi, McDonald’s, Coke and Adidas.
The two firms said they compiled the top five from the responses of two thousand teenagers they interviewed in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
One in five UAE teens believe that a good advertising or marketing campaign is the key to building a good brand, the companies said their research showed.
AMRB chief executive Gagan Bhalla said that regional teenagers “are a delight” for marketing professionals.
“Engaging the youth through social networking websites, innovative competitions… and fun, exciting games is the way to go,” he said.
The firm says that global brands looking for a toehold in the Middle East should become ‘glocal’ brands – localising their advertising campaigns and other branding as soon as possible.
- Poet jailed for reciting democracy poem claims she was tortured by female Bahraini royal
- Debauched Dubai: Agents rent out flats for teen parties
- You're so vain: Emiratis spend a whopping $300 annually on beauty products
- Saudi Government at war with an odd adversary
- Dubai is poised to become a future fashion capital