Arabian girl dresses up as boy to receive certificate
Officers from the Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, or Haia, discovered an underage girl dressed in men’s clothing who only wanted to collect her certificate from school, Al-Jazirah reported. Haia members grew suspicious of the young woman as she was walking in a funny manner toward her school. When a Haia official stopped her for questioning, she panicked. The Haia then uncovered her true identity. She told officers that she had to dress up like this to walk to school because her brother refused to take her and she was afraid for her own safety. She felt dressing up as a man would protect her. The commission drove the girl to her home and released her.
- Only in Saudi Arabia: Businesswoman whipped for yelling at the religious police
- KSA:"Haia" vice officers get training to combat black magic
- Saudi religious police told to curb their enthusiasm as new law curtails powers
- Sexual blackmail in Saudi
- Dismissed for suggesting women and men should be allowed to mix