Bahrain plans new telecom strategy
Bahrain is developing the third national telecommunications plan, which sets out the government's policy and strategic direction for information and communications services.
'The new plan is going to be forward-looking and is intended to put Bahrain at the forefront of information and communications technology development so that the relevant sectors continue to contribute to Bahrain's economy and society in a way that enables its competitive position in the region to be maintained and enhanced,' said Cabinet Affairs Minister Kamal Ahmed.
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) chairman Dr Mohammed Al Amer said: 'Policy and strategy development for the upcoming plan will be evidence-based, and developed using the most recent market information and trends, which requires strong co-ordination with key stakeholders.' 'The new plan will be shaped in line with Bahrain's Economic Vision 2030 and the accompanying National Economic Strategy, which further emphasises the importance of a co-ordinated approach in developing the plan,' he said.
The plan, which is developed every three years, has direct impact on the uptake of telecommunications technology. The TRA has recently signed an agreement with IntercaiMondiale on behalf of the minister to assist with the development of the new plan, expected to be completed in December.
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- Microsoft exec: Lebanon needs wider broadband
- Bahrain: Investments in the region and customer focused strategy pay dividends for leading telecom operator
- Growth strategies in the Middle East telecom landscape
- NEW CHAIRMAN SETS FORWARD-LOOKING VISION FOR JEDDAH ECONOMIC FORUM
- Cisco unveils new strategy for Gulf Region
- Bahrain Financing Company Unveils New Strategy Driven Brand Identity