2010: Trading in Iraq bourse amounted to US$339 million
The Iraqi Stock Exchange announced that it saw last year 237 trading sessions, during which the 25.56 billion shares exchanged hands. These shares were worth 400 billion dinars (US$339 million).
The Director of the Iraqi Securities Market, Taha Ahmed Abdul Salam said the market index (which includes 40 companies) closed at 10,098 points in the last session of 2010. Abdul Salam explained that the application of electronic trading and central depository were the main achievements in the stock market in the past two years.
On Monday (January 16) Iraq's stock market fell by 0.7% to close at 107.6 points. All in all, 23 companies fell out of 48 stocks, which had been traded during the session.
- 7% of Emaratis had to deal with a false positive with their bank - survey
- Trade between 18 Arab countries hikes to $2.1 trillion - IMF
- Allocating more funds to SWF would improve Saudi wealth returns
- Sovereign wealth funds in GCC focus more on local investments
- US economy improving only for owners of inflated stocks and real estate