Bahrain: Issue of Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities over subscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) on Monday announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities has been over subscribed. Subscriptions worth BD83.2 million (some US$220.5 million) were received for the BD12 million (US$31.8 million) issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days.
The expected return on the issue, which begins on 26 January 2011 and matures on 27 April 2011, is 0.85%. The securities are issued by the CBB on behalf of the Government of Bahrain. This is issue No.117 of Sukuk Al-Salam securities.
- An impending frenzy? Liberalization of Saudi stock market to usher 'new era' in GCC investments
- Eyes on the Cityscape: Mongolia, out of all places, is set to woo Middle East investors
- The rise of dollar: aka the downfall of oil markets?
- You don't need to be Muslim to practice? Why Goldman Sachs' sukuk sales worked so swell this around
- Erdogan's ready to smear the banks: is Turkey about to face a financial crisis worse than that of 2001?