Bahrain: Issue of Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities over subscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) on Monday announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities has been over subscribed. Subscriptions worth BD83.2 million (some US$220.5 million) were received for the BD12 million (US$31.8 million) issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days.
The expected return on the issue, which begins on 26 January 2011 and matures on 27 April 2011, is 0.85%. The securities are issued by the CBB on behalf of the Government of Bahrain. This is issue No.117 of Sukuk Al-Salam securities.
- Why is the Israeli shekel so weak?
- What doesn't kill you, makes your stronger: why the Arab Bank is likely to emerge from the Israeli lawsuit 'unscathed with flying colors'
- Too foreign? An inside look into the struggles of foreign banks in Saudi Arabia
- A clash of civilizations: are foreigners newly entering the Saudi stock market about to face a culture shock?
- From tweets to public outrage: understanding Turkey's bitterness towards credit rating agencies