Bahrain: Issue of Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities over subscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) on Monday announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities has been over subscribed. Subscriptions worth BD83.2 million (some US$220.5 million) were received for the BD12 million (US$31.8 million) issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days.
The expected return on the issue, which begins on 26 January 2011 and matures on 27 April 2011, is 0.85%. The securities are issued by the CBB on behalf of the Government of Bahrain. This is issue No.117 of Sukuk Al-Salam securities.
- Why is Jordan's inflation so high? These reasons may surprise you....
- The Middle East's lack of savings: a ticking time bomb?
- How a Middle Eastern bank fought off the global financial crisis and turned around
- The GCC's small businesses need to prepare themselves for bankcruptcy
- Why the World Bank is ill-prepared when it comes to dealing with the Middle East