Bahrain: Issue of Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities over subscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) on Monday announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities has been over subscribed. Subscriptions worth BD83.2 million (some US$220.5 million) were received for the BD12 million (US$31.8 million) issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days.
The expected return on the issue, which begins on 26 January 2011 and matures on 27 April 2011, is 0.85%. The securities are issued by the CBB on behalf of the Government of Bahrain. This is issue No.117 of Sukuk Al-Salam securities.
- Could a GCC bankruptcy protection law help SME development in the Middle East?
- Why the World Bank is ill-prepared when it comes to dealing with the Middle East
- Time to burst that Expo 2020 bubble, can Dubai survive with $103 billion in debt?
- Meet 'Mr. Five Percent': the man who bought Syria one bank at a time
- Why Lebanon needs more Arab investment