Bahrain: Issue of Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities over subscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) on Monday announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al-Salam Islamic securities has been over subscribed. Subscriptions worth BD83.2 million (some US$220.5 million) were received for the BD12 million (US$31.8 million) issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days.
The expected return on the issue, which begins on 26 January 2011 and matures on 27 April 2011, is 0.85%. The securities are issued by the CBB on behalf of the Government of Bahrain. This is issue No.117 of Sukuk Al-Salam securities.
- A forced conversion? Top Saudi bank pledges to become fully Islamic after criticism from scholars
- Enjoying the ride: ME regional banks on plane orders 'funding' boom
- The cost of delivery: how to financially prepare yourself for having a baby
- Istanbul Tower: a cruel reminder of what could have been...for Greece
- An unfathomable figure: GCC banking assets set to hit $2 trillion by 2015