Egypt bourse climbs 15% in 2010
The main index of the Egyptian Stock Exchange ("EGX30") ended the last session of 2010 above the level of 7,100 points, climbing by 0.93%, thereby bringing total gains since the beginning of the year to 15.03%.
In addition "EGX100" - the index that measures the activity of the leading 100 shares in the market on Thursday soared by 0.40% to close at 1166.24 points to reach the total gains recorded since the beginning of the year of 10.09%. Meanwhile, the index of medium and small shares ("EGX70") fell slightly by 0.02% to post total rises this year of 12.23 %.
The transactions of foreigners and Arabs tended to purchase with net purchases of 75.4 million pounds and 6.2 million pounds, respectively. Meanwhile, the transactions of the Egyptians tended to sell with net sales amounting to 81.6 million pounds.
- UAE residents can now use ID's as ATM cards
- An impending frenzy? Liberalization of Saudi stock market to usher 'new era' in GCC investments
- Eyes on the Cityscape: Mongolia, out of all places, is set to woo Middle East investors
- The rise of dollar: aka the downfall of oil markets?
- You don't need to be Muslim to practice? Why Goldman Sachs' sukuk sales worked so swell this around