Egypt bourse climbs 15% in 2010
The main index of the Egyptian Stock Exchange ("EGX30") ended the last session of 2010 above the level of 7,100 points, climbing by 0.93%, thereby bringing total gains since the beginning of the year to 15.03%.
In addition "EGX100" - the index that measures the activity of the leading 100 shares in the market on Thursday soared by 0.40% to close at 1166.24 points to reach the total gains recorded since the beginning of the year of 10.09%. Meanwhile, the index of medium and small shares ("EGX70") fell slightly by 0.02% to post total rises this year of 12.23 %.
The transactions of foreigners and Arabs tended to purchase with net purchases of 75.4 million pounds and 6.2 million pounds, respectively. Meanwhile, the transactions of the Egyptians tended to sell with net sales amounting to 81.6 million pounds.
- Understanding the ripple effect: 8 reasons the US economy has slowed down in Q1 of 2015
- Can Bahrian emerge from the oil price plunge 'stronger than ever'?
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Replacing Switzerland? Why Lebanon isn't keeping its banking secrecy a secret