Egypt bourse climbs 15% in 2010
The main index of the Egyptian Stock Exchange ("EGX30") ended the last session of 2010 above the level of 7,100 points, climbing by 0.93%, thereby bringing total gains since the beginning of the year to 15.03%.
In addition "EGX100" - the index that measures the activity of the leading 100 shares in the market on Thursday soared by 0.40% to close at 1166.24 points to reach the total gains recorded since the beginning of the year of 10.09%. Meanwhile, the index of medium and small shares ("EGX70") fell slightly by 0.02% to post total rises this year of 12.23 %.
The transactions of foreigners and Arabs tended to purchase with net purchases of 75.4 million pounds and 6.2 million pounds, respectively. Meanwhile, the transactions of the Egyptians tended to sell with net sales amounting to 81.6 million pounds.
- What's really holding Islamic Banking back?
- The rise of the Chinese renminbi: an unmatched opportunity for Qatar?
- Why, despite their emerging status upgrade, the UAE and Qatar still count as frontier markets
- How Egypt plans to deal with $20 billion worth of arbitration cases brought by foreign investors against it
- Business before wealth: what's really on the mind of the ME's high net worth business owners?