Etisalat Establishes Global Medium Term Note and Sukuk programme
Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (ETISALAT) is pleased to announce that it will establish a Global Medium Term Note (GMTN) and a Sukuk Programme in the near future.
Both Programmes will provide Etisalat with the flexibility to issue conventional and/or Islamic securities within the international debt capital markets across multiple tenors and currencies when needed.
The size of the GMTN Programme is US$7 billion of issuance and the Sukuk Programme is USD$1 billion of issuance.
The establishment of both the GMTN Programme and the Sukuk Programme represent a major milestone for Etisalat in terms of achieving a well-balanced funding platform which is aligned with the corporation's funding strategy.
Such programmes will facilitate Etisalat in accessing a large pool of global investors to diversify its funding sources and manage its debt maturity profile effectively.
The establishment of the GMTN and Sukuk programmes does not imply that any bonds or Sukuk are currently being issued, it is rather a preparation for future issuances if needed.
- United Arab Bank makes AED250,000 contribution to Al Thiqah Club for the Handicapped
- Opening up: is Saudi Arabia's stock market ready for an upgrade?
- Severe symptom of a savings gap? Turkey leads Europe in credit card debt
- Gulf stocks facing some serious 'downward pressures'
- Long-anticipated hike: Dollar on track for best annual gain in nine years
- Etisalat establishes Global Medium Term Note and Sukuk programme
- Gulf Investment Corporation, Kuwait issues MYR750 million Five Year Sukuk under its 20-year MYR3.5 billion Sukuk Wakalah bi Istithmar Medium Term Notes Programme
- Etisalat completes listing of USD 7 Billion Global Medium Term Note (GMTN) programme on Irish Stock Exchange
- GIB establishes MYR 3.5 billion Sukuk al-wakalah MTN programme