Etisalat Establishes Global Medium Term Note and Sukuk programme
Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (ETISALAT) is pleased to announce that it will establish a Global Medium Term Note (GMTN) and a Sukuk Programme in the near future.
Both Programmes will provide Etisalat with the flexibility to issue conventional and/or Islamic securities within the international debt capital markets across multiple tenors and currencies when needed.
The size of the GMTN Programme is US$7 billion of issuance and the Sukuk Programme is USD$1 billion of issuance.
The establishment of both the GMTN Programme and the Sukuk Programme represent a major milestone for Etisalat in terms of achieving a well-balanced funding platform which is aligned with the corporation's funding strategy.
Such programmes will facilitate Etisalat in accessing a large pool of global investors to diversify its funding sources and manage its debt maturity profile effectively.
The establishment of the GMTN and Sukuk programmes does not imply that any bonds or Sukuk are currently being issued, it is rather a preparation for future issuances if needed.
- Deflation shocks in emerging markets and the GCC currency peg
- Crashing oil: has the time come for GCC countries to tax their citizens?
- Moody indeed: how did Moody's rate the ME's banks for 2015?
- The Middle East's Switzerland? Lebanon's banking secrecy is here to stay
- Precious retirement: why UAE expats are moving their pensions out of the UK
- Etisalat establishes Global Medium Term Note and Sukuk programme
- Gulf Investment Corporation, Kuwait issues MYR750 million Five Year Sukuk under its 20-year MYR3.5 billion Sukuk Wakalah bi Istithmar Medium Term Notes Programme
- Etisalat completes listing of USD 7 Billion Global Medium Term Note (GMTN) programme on Irish Stock Exchange
- GIB establishes MYR 3.5 billion Sukuk al-wakalah MTN programme