Bahrain: Government Treasury Bills oversubscribed by 211%
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) announced that this quarter’s BD50 million issues of Government Treasury Bills has been oversubscribed by 211%. The bills, carrying a maturity of 12 months, are issued by the CBB, on behalf of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The issue date of the bills is 10 March 2011 and the maturity date is 8 March 2012.
The weighted average rate of interest is 1.68% compare with 1.16%, for the previous issue on 9 December 2010. The approximate average price for the issue was 98.329% with the lowest accepted price being 98.200%. This is issue No.8 (ISIN BH00040IY419) of Government Treasury Bills. With this, the total outstanding value of Government Treasury Bills is BD570 million.
- First banks, now companies: Gulf firms 'go Islamic'
- No where to hide: Israel, UK ally against tax evasion epidemic
- Nasdaq-style crisis: is the Saudi stock market not ready to come out yet?
- Panic sell-offs: Gulf markets slide after U.S. oil hits six-year low
- What will it take for Egypt to get the $300 billion it wants?