Bahrain: Government Treasury Bills oversubscribed by 211%
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) announced that this quarter’s BD50 million issues of Government Treasury Bills has been oversubscribed by 211%. The bills, carrying a maturity of 12 months, are issued by the CBB, on behalf of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The issue date of the bills is 10 March 2011 and the maturity date is 8 March 2012.
The weighted average rate of interest is 1.68% compare with 1.16%, for the previous issue on 9 December 2010. The approximate average price for the issue was 98.329% with the lowest accepted price being 98.200%. This is issue No.8 (ISIN BH00040IY419) of Government Treasury Bills. With this, the total outstanding value of Government Treasury Bills is BD570 million.
- A misnomer: Gulf states embark on ambitious investment spree in the 'hopeless continent'
- Not much choice: Along with Syrian businessmen, Lebanon's private sector migrates to Dubai
- What's going on with MENA debt capital markets?
- Rachel Corrie vs. Arab Bank: hypocrisy and injustice in the US' legal system
- Iraqi Kurdistan seeks investor funds amidst independence 'grey area'