Palestine bourse index drops by 0.5%
It seems the political storm following the publication of secret documents which embarrassed the Palestinian Authority has affected also the Palestine bourse. Trading volume on Monday saw 507,929 shares changing hands with a total value of US$511,808.64. All in all there were 316 transactions.
The 'Al-Quds Index' closed at 505.31 points, decreasing by -2.58 points (or -0.51%) compared with the last trading session. Shares of 22 companies were traded; shares of 6 companies rose and shares of 9 declined.
- What doesn't kill you, makes your stronger: why the Arab Bank is likely to emerge from the Israeli lawsuit 'unscathed with flying colors'
- Too foreign? An inside look into the struggles of foreign banks in Saudi Arabia
- A clash of civilizations: are foreigners newly entering the Saudi stock market about to face a culture shock?
- From tweets to public outrage: understanding Turkey's bitterness towards credit rating agencies
- A much-expected symptom? Arab banks to feel the pinch of the region's political turmoil