Three DGCX currency futures set volume records on same day
Daily volume records were set by three DGCX currency futures contracts on October 19, 2010, contributing to what is set to be one of the most active months of trading for the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX). So far, the month of October has seen several trading days with daily volumes surpassing 10,000 contracts and the third highest overall daily volume of 15,350 contracts.
Continuing its ongoing growth, the DGCX Indian Rupee futures contract traded a record 6,043 contracts worth US $270.61 million on October 19, 2010 beating the previous high of 5,376 contracts worth US $242.83 million. On the same day, two of the new currency futures contracts launched in June this year also achieved record highs; Canadian Dollar futures traded a record 606 contracts worth US $29 million eclipsing the previous peak of 528 lots worth US $26 million while Australian Dollar traded 498 contracts worth US $24 million surpassing the previous record of 285 contracts worth US $12 million.
On October 19, 2010 DGCX also recorded the third highest ever total daily volume of 15,350 contracts valued at US $786 million.
As part of DGCX's ongoing awareness and educational programme to promote on-exchange, currency futures trading and to support the interest among local retail investors and proprietary trading houses, the Exchange will be supporting and speaking at the Middle East Online Trading Summit to be held at Jumeirah Emirates Towers on 9 - 10 November 2010.
- Taming the monster: UAE regulator to tighten supervision of financial markets over Arabtec's debacle
- Banking in the time of Ramadan: reconciling contemplation with profit-making
- Attempting to go mainstream? how Islamic banks are ditching the 'Islam' label in order to go global
- How Sukuks are proving a viable financing option for Saudi Arabia
- To jump on the bandwagon or not to jump: all about owning a credit card in Egypt
- DGCX volume increases 6% year-on-year
- DGCX sets monthly volume record of 209,994 contracts in October
- DGCX trades 111,348 contracts in August 2010, with Indian Rupee Futures achieving third straight record month
- DGCX September volumes increase 63% year on year
- DGCX launches Swiss Franc, Australian Dollar & Canadian Dollar Futures