Palestinian jailed after claiming he was Jewish to practice sex with Israeli woman
Media reports said that an Israeli court had sentenced a resident of Arab East Jerusalem for 18 months on charges of "rape using deception" after "he claimed that he was Jewish single," when he met a Jewish girl. The 30 year old Saber Keshwar pleaded guilty in a deal with the prosecution, admitting that he had concealed his true identity when he met a young Israeli woman in September 2008 and made sex with her. During the meeting, he said his name was "Dudu" and claimed that he was a Jewish single, while he was a married Palestinian man.
After having sex with him and disclosing the true identity of Saber, the Israeli woman filed a complaint to the police on charges of rape and indecent assault. The Jerusalem District Court Judge Zvi Segal ruled that although the issue was not a regular "case of rape by force," and sex was consensual, obtaining the consent of the Israeli woman was through "deception and false pretenses."
"The girl thought that the accused is a Jewish single who holds a bachelor degree and seeks to establish a serious relationship. Perhaps if she knew the truth she would not establish relationships with him."
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Fourteen-year-old Palestinian girl jailed by Israeli courts
- Kylie Minogue looking for true love... will she find it in Dubai next week?
- Jewish extremist attacks Palestinian woman in Jerusalem
- Calls for Israeli agency to stop defending Arab land claims