Palestinian jailed after claiming he was Jewish to practice sex with Israeli woman
Media reports said that an Israeli court had sentenced a resident of Arab East Jerusalem for 18 months on charges of "rape using deception" after "he claimed that he was Jewish single," when he met a Jewish girl. The 30 year old Saber Keshwar pleaded guilty in a deal with the prosecution, admitting that he had concealed his true identity when he met a young Israeli woman in September 2008 and made sex with her. During the meeting, he said his name was "Dudu" and claimed that he was a Jewish single, while he was a married Palestinian man.
After having sex with him and disclosing the true identity of Saber, the Israeli woman filed a complaint to the police on charges of rape and indecent assault. The Jerusalem District Court Judge Zvi Segal ruled that although the issue was not a regular "case of rape by force," and sex was consensual, obtaining the consent of the Israeli woman was through "deception and false pretenses."
"The girl thought that the accused is a Jewish single who holds a bachelor degree and seeks to establish a serious relationship. Perhaps if she knew the truth she would not establish relationships with him."
- Israeli Soldier Jailed for 49 Days for Killing Palestinian in Gaza
- Palestinian Sentenced for 21 Years in Prison
- Israeli police hold two Jewish extremists planned bomb attack against Palestinians
- Palestinian Sentenced to Death for Collaborating with Israel
- Initial Report: Palestinian Woman Carries Out Suicide Bombing Attack Near Jerusalem; Two Israeli Policemen Injured