Drones have more harmful side-effects than benefits
Drones prove a bane, not a boon, to global security
The "blowback" from drones is "a potent recruiting tool for terrorist organisations" in places like Yemen and Pakistan. Naturally, the death and destruction left by the strikes provide perfect postcard images for terrorist recruiters.
Source: Al Jazeera
Hamas sends drones into Israeli airspace
Why escalate to the point of sending drones into Israeli air space? First, since Israel "boasts one of the most extensive, sophisticated, and deadly drone fleets in the world," as Dreazen says, it's a bit of psychological tit for tat.
Source: New Republic
Why using Yemen as a model will be detrimental for US policy in the Middle East
President Obama says the United States is looking to its Yemen policy as a model for what to do in Iraq and Syria. But what the president labels the “Yemen model” has not been as successful as the White House claims; indeed, it is in danger of collapse. Attempting to replicate it in much more challenging conditions in Iraq and Syria will almost certainly fail.
Source: The Washington Post
- Obama drones on about drones, leaves many unsatisfied
- Drones hitting Dubai... to deliver governmental mail?!
- Killer Flying Robots in Syria? American CIA has plans to implement drones
- 'Ink on the Side' writes the CV for Arab men
- Whose side is America on? U.S. officials may have met with Assad's in Barcelona