Epistle from Prison: Jailed Al Jazeera reporter writes from Egypt
Jailed Al Jazeera reporter Peter Greste. (Facebook)
'A chilling warning to others'
"The fact that we were arrested for what seems to be a set of relatively uncontroversial stories tells us a lot about what counts as "normal" and what is dangerous in post-revolutionary Egypt."
Source: Al Jazeera Blogs
FAIL: Al-Akhbar On Marlboro’s Marijuana Cigarettes
Al-Akhbar posted on Saturday on their English and Arabic website (and apparently on their print copy as well) the fake news about Marlboro introducing Marijuana cigarettes. They have since acknowledged the fake news.
Source: Blog Baladi
Amir Tag Elsir: On How the Internet Has Changed His Writing and the Inspiration of Majnoon Leyla
"My writing changed according to changes that happen in the world and technology. Now, I can search for things that I need easily, and I can write without as big an effort as before."
The 18th Brumaire of Gen. al-Sisi in Egypt
On Monday, the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) announced that Field Marshall Abdel Fattah al-Sisi (also the minister of defense) was free to run for president if his conscience led him to do so.
Source: Informed Comment
- A Flogging for Blogging: Jailed Iranian blogger writes of torture
- Let the show begin! Trial of Al Jazeera reporters in Egypt takes front stage
- Many die in Syria again and the UN just writes a letter, again
- Ralph Nader writes George W. Bush a nasty letter about Iraq
- Egyptian reporter released after Morsi visits Sudan