Has Veiling Lost its Credibility to Hypocrisy and Western Standards?
Hejabis strut their veiled stuff
Hypocrisy of Hijab High-Fashion
I believe that most women who don the hijab, niqab or burqa are either forced to by their men-folk, or they wear them out of some skewed quasi-religious/feminist ideology that compels them to make a political statement, of sorts, out of their Islamic garb: I am Muslim, Hear Me Roar. For others it's a litmus test for their supposed 'piety', as if you can't be a moral person without covering your head.
Source: Republican In The Hearts
Mother's Day #Cartoon - Solidarity with the mothers of Palestinian hunger strikers #Palhunger
We complain about fasting in Ramadan for half a day. They have been without food, and some have recently stopped taking water. They're written their wells and are ready to die. They deserve to be heard.
Source: The Arabzy
#Palhunger: The biggest hunger strike in the Arab world
There is something big happening on today in the Middle East as 3500 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons including Egyptian and Arab prisoners are on their 29th day of their hunger strike that led by prisoners Bilal Thayb and Thaer Halahleh who entered their 79th day of their open hunger strike today.
Source: Egyptian Chronicles
- Why the USA lost the World Cup bid, and Parking in the Middle East.
- Has Lebanon lost its identity by catering to tourists?
- Bahrain Lost: a once beautiful country hoarded by the elite
- Israel loses Ariel Sharon but no love lost from Arabs
- Lebanon's lost ex-minster: A family man and politician missed by a devastated nation