International busybodies: US diplomat superstar Henry Kissinger asked Syria to invade Lebanon in the 70s
Henry Kissinger, heart-throb of many a politics student, had big plans for the Middle East in the 70s. (Image courtesy of lebanonspring.com)
Henry Kissinger Requested Hafez Assad to Invade Lebanon in 1976
The US loves sticking its nose in where it's not wanted - celebrated US diplomat Henry Kissinger asked Hafez Assad (father of dear old Bashar) to invade Lebanon in the 70s.
Source: Lebanon Spring
Lebanese "surfing for peace"
Lebanese expats living in Paris took to a local canal on their surfboards to "surf for peace".
Source: Blog Baladi
Random Acts of Street Art, #3
One blogger has taken a series of stunning pictures of street art in Tel Aviv.
- Syria, Lebanon and Jordan get blasted with snow
- Global Peace Index puts Kuwait high, Lebanon low and Syria at the bottom
- Bashar al-Assad’s wife in Vogue: Ill-timed, lashes out Lebanon opinion
- Someone tell Syria that today's the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- What happens in Syria, stays in Syria? 'Las Vegas rule' flawed