What do ISIS and Hamas have in common?
A screaming Palestinian child is treated at al-Shifa hospital after Israeli forces shelled her home in Gaza City on July 18, 2014 (AFP/Mohammed Abed)
What do ISIS and Hamas have in common? Both were engendered by repressive regimes.
Like ISIS, Hamas owes its lineage to the brutality of the occupation and despair of the Palestinian people.
Source: The Huffington Post
Did Hamas ever really know about the Egyptian cease-fire proposal?
Hamas, which has roots in Egypt's outlawed Muslim Brotherhood, said it was never consulted about Cairo's ceasefire proposal, having learned of it from media reports.
Source: Al Jazerea
Clearing up misconceptions on Palestine.
With Israeli troops again invading Gaza and the death toll rising, some of the rhetoric from partisans on each side is oddly parallel. Maybe it’s time to correct a few common misconceptions among the salvos flying back and forth.
Source: The New York Times
How Israelis and Palestinians can use the cessation of Gaza violence to push for peace.
Since this is the third mini-war between Israel and Hamas in less than six years, some of the consequences being predicted by pundits sound pretty familiar.
Source: The Washington Post
- Who's to blame for the ISIS rise? Some say Bashar Assad
- Conspiracy Theory of the Day: For the West, ISIS means I$I$
- Ready or not, here they come! ISIS is rising fast in Syria, Iraq
- Defeating ISIS begins with teaching kids to bloody think!
- Another Lebanese soldier beheaded by ISIS after an attempted escape