Western Stars on the Eastern Sands: Jon Stewart, Russel Brand, and John Kerry
Jon Stewart gave Bassem Youssef's audience a surprise visit. (YouTube Screen grab)
Jon Stewart with Bassem Youssef in Cairo: “If your regime can’t handle a joke, you don’t have a regime.”
A Jewish comedian crashed an Egyptian Muslim's TV show and it was a huge hit!
Source: Informed Comment
Russell Brand cancels Lebanon show over threats
Russell Brand’s ‘Messiah Complex’ Tour was cancelled in The Middle East after organizers told him they could not guarantee his safety. He was coming to Abu Dhabi and Lebanon.
Source: Blog Baladi
Kerry's Slippery Slope in Syria
Were American policy different, in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Kerry could avail himself of an opportunity to tell those two Persian Gulf kleptocracies to start winding down the war. Unfortunately, he probably won’t do that.
Source: The Nation Blog
FROM ECFR: REGIONAL VIEWS ON SYRIA
The European Council of Foreign Relations' website is hosting a roundtable of views from around the region on the Syrian conflict that's very much worth reading to get a hold of the complexity of its regional dimension.
Source: The Arabist
- New U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry at a Crossroads on Syria
- Women are the hot topic: Middle Eastern, Western, working, consuming and getting married
- The stars align in Lebanon: Dancing with the Stars coming soon!
- Hey, Kerry, leave our land alone! All in all, we're just another brick in the wall
- After Kerry's visit, homes in Palestinian territory auctioned by Israel