Harassment is real and ignored at the University of Jordan
Catcalls and indecent proposals are far too common on some Arab campuses
Harass Me, If You Can
A former University of Jordan student speaks out about her constant harassment at the school and worse, her lack of support.
Obama’s escape from the Middle to the Far East
Instead of Obama locking horns with China at the UN Security Council to stop the bloodbath in Syria, he chose to hassle Beijing on its turf in Asia and try to pinch allies from China’s “back garden” in Burma and Cambodia.
Source: Arab Saga
News Round Up (1 December 2012)
Syrian opposition edges toward appointing transition PM and other headlines.
Source: Syria Comment
IN TRANSLATION: DISMANTLING THE BROTHERS’ REVOLUTIONARY SELF-IMAGE
Ennarah offers a critique of the Muslim Brotherhood’s use of the revolution to legitimate what many see as a power-grab, whereas its record shows it collaborating with the old regime and protecting it from revolutionary justice.
Source: The Arabist
- Sexual Harassment still perfectly legal in Lebanon
- Wanna join a Fight Club? Attend a university in Jordan
- Jail-time for Saudi Romeos; Smoking No-Nos; A Benz for Los Chicos
- Eldad Calls for Jordan to Become Palestinian State on Jordan's Independence Day and gets the day wrong
- Sex Toys for Women Illegal but Women as Sex Toys Still Legal