On the 65th anniversary of Israeli occupation, refugees in Egypt remembered
This old woman is the leader in the community and still holds hope to return to Palestine. (image from Egyptian Chronicles)
#Fadel_Island : Meet Palestine’s Forgotten Refugees in Nile Delta
A fascinating and depressing look at an isolated village deep in the heart of the Nile Delta that was started in 1948 by Palestinian refugees to Egypt.
Source: Egyptian Chronicles
The Unending Nakba – 65 Years is Enough!
“If the olive trees knew the hands that planted them, their oil would become tears.” – Marmoud Darwish
Source: Intifada Korea
PALESTINE: 65 years: ongoing Nakba, secondary displacement
Of the 11.4 million Palestinians worldwide, 66% are forcible displaced (refugees and internally displaced people) and over half live in the Shatat (forced exile).
Source: Tahrir ICN
Getting physically assaulted today at District S site
This blogger was tackled and abused for taking pictures of a building site. After the ordeal, the foreman at the building site said, "F@ck you and your history"
Source: Beirut Report
- On the 65th anniversary of the Nabka, one Jew asks for empathy
- Parsi 'Farrokh' Freddie Mercury's 65th tribute present from Google, a Doodle!
- Israeli Attack Marks Blood-Stained Gaza War Anniversary
- The Armenian Genocide remembered in Lebanon 99 years later
- The Best Shots of the Worst Times: 47 years of the Israeli occupation in pictures