Palestinian Soccer Superstar on 80th day of Hunger Strike in Prison
Hungry sportsmen: when a footballer's strikes are not for the goal, then we know there's a problem on the pitch. Like wtih South Africa's apartheid cricket boycotts, when politics starts to infiltrate the heart of sport, maybe then people will pay attention to the problem for Palestinians' land let alone pitches.
His imprisonment and hunger strike hit Palestinians right in their pride because few things are more important than their national soccer team.
"As a child growing up in Gaza, I remember playing soccer in few minute increments, braving Israeli military curfews, risking arrests, injury and even death. Somehow, in a very crowded refugee camp, soccer becomes tantamount to freedom."
This blogging cartoonist has fun with the with the frustrating aspects of life in Lebanon
"Tonight, the 3rd LIVE episode of Arabs Got Talent 2 proved that not all talents can go a step further."
However, my experience with actual politics and policies as practiced by the political establishment of the United States was completely different. It practically led me to a grand disenchantment with their political system. "
- See Palestinian footballer Sarsak hold mother after three years in Israeli prison
- The Palestinian Hunger Strike Ends and a Blogger Has the Inside Scoop
- 2000 Hunger Strikers; 2 Changing Governments; 2500 Write Arabic Dictionary
- A Palestinian Father Hunger Strikes for His Only Son
- Israel Pacifies Prisoner Hunger strikers; While BiBi threatens to Kill released Prisoners