Instead of isolating Syria's Assad, the U.S. now wants dialogue
Kerry will meet with Assad to see if it is even possible to have a reasonable dialogue.
Kerry told to sit with Assad first
A Syrian journalist today tells U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to first sit with his chum Bashar al-Assad to test the water before asking the Syrian opposition to come to the table to negotiate a transition.
Source: Arab Saga
US U-TURN ON SYRIA?
The US administration, during its second term, has turned to adopt a different position to the Syrian crisis, looking to achieve a political solution.
Source: The Arabist
Falsity of Nuclear Accusation against Iraq Was Known before Bush’s Invasion
As we approach the ten year anniversary of the launching of George W. Bush’s war on Iraq, it is worth my pointing out that I concluded even before the war began that the main rationale then given for it, Iraq’s alleged nuclear weapons program, was a fiction.
Source: Informed Comment
- If Assad has to go down, he's taking Syria with him
- Syria's Conundrum: What's Next After the Assad E-mail Leaks?
- Syria's Anniversary Overshadowed By Assad E-mail Reveal
- A Hollywood style evil plan by Assad foiled in Lebanon
- Vogue Snubs Syria's First Lady, while Facebook shows Asma al-Assad Standing by her Man