Obama's hidden agenda: US Syria-Strike part of "broader strategy"
Obama told congressional leaders that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad needs to be held accountable for allegedly carrying out the August 21 nuclear attack near Damascus. (Image: AFP/Jim WATSON)
Obama’s Syria Strike Part of ‘Broader Strategy’
As the Obama administration continues its "flood the zone" campaign to win congressional support for military force against Syria, a statement by the president Tuesday indicates its plan is to go beyond punitive strikes against Assad and to pursue a "broader strategy."
Source: Informed Comment
Syria as seen in Egypt
Some for the reasons Amr Hamzawy offered Adeeb, which were, to be brief: It is dangerous to allow the US to fashion itself as an international “Rambo” conducting military operations without international consent.
Source: The Arabist
Locals ponder possible Syria strike
Syria is surrounded by Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Jordan and Israel to the south and Lebanon to the west. The U.S. strike because it will not be directed at the Syrian regime but at unarmed people.
Source: Justin Salhani
- Obama's Grandmother prays for him to convert, while teenagers strike gold at amusement park...
- Obama's got 99 problems: Iranian ex-official threatens rape of U.S. President's daughters for Syria
- Israel's strategic strike on Syria just a shot in the dark
- Strike averted, yet chapters of Syria's sad tale still being written
- Africa and Muslims Have Been Let Down by Obama