A closer look at the new Coptic Pope Tawadros
Who is this next leader of the Coptic Christians?
Bishop Tawadros: His Life, the Church, and the World
After watching an extensive interview with the new Pope Tawadros, one blogger found the "nuggets about the pope-to-be’s background and views about church and ministry, and arranged them for an article with Arab West Report."
Source: A Sense of Belonging
Clinton Effort to Create Syrian Government in Exile Collapses
Syria opposition on Wednesday night scuppered a Western-backed initiative to relaunch the movement with a broad-based and domestically focused leadership after the man lined up as its figurehead withdrew.
Source: Syria Comment
Saudi Arabia: The Brief Marriage…But at a Cost
The pros and cons of arranged marriages in the Saudi social system.
Source: American Bedu
On to the next one
President Barack Obama's solid, hard-fought re-election victory represents a significant moment not only for America but for its changing relations with the Middle East. While the election was not primarily fought on foreign policy issues, I don't fully agree with my Foreign Policy friends that foreign policy didn't matter.
Source: Abu Aardvark
- Coptic Pope Tawadros seeks two things from the Muslim Brotherhood
- Three candidates remain for the position as Coptic Pope
- Pope Shenouda III Death Prompts Mourning in the Egyptian Coptic Community
- The Coptic Perspective of the New Consitution
- "We are all bin Laden, you Coptic dogs!"; U.S. Embassy attacked in Cairo