Away in a Manger: Turkish women protects Syrian family in her barn
Uum Maher (left) has placed the fate of this Syrian woman and her family into her already strained hands.
The Syrian guests in a Turkish shed
A recent widower and her 8 chidlren fled Syria into Turkey. They now live in a barn and survive by the generosity of a poor farmer named Um Maher.
Source: Mich Cafe
Syria Across the Lines
“There will be vendettas for 50 years because of these crimes” – old motorcycle-riding farmer whose crops are trapped in no-man’s land.
Source: News from Syria
Syria crisis said pulling U.S. Patriots to Jordan
Jordan has reportedly asked Washington to deploy two Patriot missile batteries on its 360-km long border with Syria for protection against incoming missile strikes.
Source: Arab Saga
Why Syria's Assad is worried about Jordan
There is no doubt that the Pentagon's decision to send a contingent of US troops to Jordan raises the question of whether the Obama administration has now moved one step closer to a possible military intervention in Syria.
Source: Al Jazeera Blogs
- Four Syrian women protest as brides in the Souk-- still remain missing
- National Family Safety Program: 30% of all Saudi women regularly abused
- Saudi women avoid perils of driving as Dubai women fined for applying make-up
- The Prince's Ride: Abu Dhabi Crown Prince protects little girl
- Women at Work: No rest for the women