Land of the free? Law to protect women blocked by Republicans
Surely a law protecting women in America would be passed? Think again.
U.S. women, the Hill and Anonymous
The Violence Against Women Act of 1994 (VAWA) is a U.S. federal law that apparently is too liberal and has been shut down because of conservative politics.
Source: Mich Cafe
Umm el-Saad (mother of happiness)
Poor Egyptian women are learning to read and write. This can spell trouble now when they start going through their husband's text messages.
Dear Haddad , who do you think you can fool with that Statement !?
A new statement about freedom of press and opinion in Egypt in a nutshell defends Morsi and his government against the facts we have on the ground i.e. that journalists, reporters and TV hosts are facing hell in the first 6 months of the new elected President’s term.
Source: Egyptian Chronicles
- 'Not ' Land for Peace Swaps, nor Camels for Women: But, a Jew for a Thousand Arabs
- Republicans lambast Present Obama's Brotherhood cooperation
- Saudi women avoid perils of driving as Dubai women fined for applying make-up
- Arabs love women...on International Women's Day!
- Women at Work: No rest for the women