In Yemen and Islam in general, a woman's word is half off
A group of Yemeni women.
A Woman is Half a Witness in Yemen
"I was trying to witness my best friend's marriage contract and the Imam said my testimony is a half one. My world turned upside down, and I'm not the same ever again."
Source: Afrah Nasser
Lampedusa: Magnet for migrants
Despite deadly accidents at sea, European leaders are unlikely to discourage illegal voyages by easing asylum laws.
Source: Al Jazeera Blog
In a series of striking infographics on the effect of the occupation on Palestinian civilians, Michal Vexler shows the truths about issues the Palestinians face daily.
Source: + 972
Trouble on campus
Nour Youssef writes off the burning of University property and protests as nothing new and nothing to be worried about in Egypt.
Source: The Arabist
- The 'S' word: Coming out as a Sunni from Beirut
- Sex Toys for Women Illegal but Women as Sex Toys Still Legal
- Islam 101: the FBI's 'guide' to Muslims is Medieval!
- Now she's Muslim, Now She's Not! Has Paris Hilton Converted to Islam?
- 13 Awesome Ads; and Islam from a Christian gaze; and revolutions and flotillas