- Turkey will shut down over 2,000 businesses that have links to US-based Fethullah Gulen. Full Story »
- Saudis and Jordanians are the top Arab buyers in the Dubai property market. Full Story »
- A special annual health insurance package is available for Dubai residents, who must have some health insurance coverage by the end of the year. Full Story »
- The World Bank is offering Jordan $1.4B to address health, education, and employment needs of Syrian refugees. Full Story »
- Yasser Mallawany, an Egyptian businessman with connections to the Mubarak family, may be the "ringleader" in a HSBC banking scandal with $3.5B USD at stake. Full Story »
Business InsightsRecent News
- Recent News
- IT and Technology
- Economy and Policy
- Infrastructure and Property
- Oil and Renewables
- Banking & Finance
- Islamic Finance and Industry
- Travel and Tourism
- Education and Employment
- Goods and Services
- Transport and Aviation
IT and Technology
Economy and Policy
Infrastructure and Property
Oil and Renewables
Banking & Finance
Islamic Finance and Industry
Travel and Tourism
Education and Employment
Goods and Services
Transport and Aviation
Mind Your Own Business
- According to a recent poll, the biggest benefit of employer branding is better employee engagement.
- Leaders who achieve look for reasons to say “yes”. They focus on how to make a good idea great and then to make it happen.
- Overall hiring activity in the Gulf is still slow, but things are looking better in the UAE.
- Taking care of your people is the centerpiece of a successful business.
- Having a successful employer brand increases employee engagement, higher job acceptance rates and can help you market yourself as an employer of choice.
- Owning a home can be less expensive in the long-run than renting - but there are many factors to consider before taking the leap!
- While young expats can be tempted by living lavishly, cutting back is the key to building savings while young.
- Each of the GCC countries will issue their own VAT legislation, providing details on what would be subject to VAT.
- Before you embark on a relocation or home renovation, make sure you plan and budget for as much as you can.
- The rising trend of cashless payments has led to greater financial inclusion, supporting much of the non-bankable population.
- Verified accounts are no longer reserved solely for celebrities or brands.
- Everything about the phone is likeable- starting from the packaging which is basically a VR headset.
- The app-based car service said the pods would be safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly than today’s vehicles.
- When you look at the substantially more expensive Samsung Galaxy S7, these two phones have a lot in common.
- These are the top 25 emojis used across Instagram, released for World Emoji Day on July 17.
- The incident, which happened last week, is the latest of many “bizarre” situations taking place around the city
- Jimmy Choo will be launching a special collection of shoes and bags that will be exclusive to Jimmy Choo stores in the UAE and KSA.
- Mind the gap - in wealth? Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his son Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum spotted on the tube.
- Free zone growth in the GCC is showing no signs of slowing, but they are not immune from the evolving global dynamics and policy imperatives.
- Top institutions from across Turkey’s business world express support for the country and its democratic institutions.