- TE's purchase of Egypt's first 4G license makes it Egypt's fourth mobile operator, but it can only offer voice services by using the other companies’ existing towers and networks. Full Story »
- Abu Dhabi civil servants will benefit from three days' paternity leave and three months' paid maternity leave under a new law that also covers wider recruitment directives. Full Story »
- From October 30, British Airways and Qatar Airways will codeshare on all non-stop flights between the UK and Doha. Full Story »
- Qatar and Saudi Arabia slipped four positions each this year in the global ranking, but still managed to make the global top 30, whilst UAE retains its position as the most competitive Arab country. Full Story »
- The decision to cut perks and salaries of Saudi public sector employees has unveiled previously-unknown benefits such as 'Honesty allowances', allowances to typists for typing and provisions for 'appearance'. Full Story »
Business InsightsRecent News
- Recent News
- IT and Technology
- Economy and Policy
- Infrastructure and Property
- Oil and Renewables
- Banking & Finance
- Islamic Finance and Industry
- Travel and Tourism
- Education and Employment
- Goods and Services
- Transport and Aviation
IT and Technology
Economy and Policy
Infrastructure and Property
Oil and Renewables
Banking & Finance
Islamic Finance and Industry
Travel and Tourism
Education and Employment
Goods and Services
Transport and Aviation
Mind Your Own Business
- Telecommuting has many advantages but be sure to apply the same levels of professionalism that you would if you were in the office.
- Hiring fresh graduates is different than hiring an experienced professional, and with little to no experience, some recruiters find it very difficult to discern whether or not the candidate would be a fit.
- Branding is no longer limited to products; you need to show employers why you are different from anyone else.
- Perihan El Gohary has 16 years of a well-diversified experience in the fields of sales, L&D, training, retail banking and wealth management.
- You might be putting the hours in at the office, but you shouldn't have to give in to unhealthy eating.
- Paying for large purchases in small instalments is a method for buying everything from televisions to houses, but is it healthy?
- Couples need to discuss money with each other on a regular basis, regardless of whether one or both the partners are earning.
- It is tempting to splurge after earning a pay increase, but upgrading and overhauling your lifestyle to fit your income is risky.
- Increasing levels of sophistication such as diagnostic tests could have huge implications for a person’s insurance premiums, perhaps even their insurability.
- Education remains an investment that can pay attractive returns down the line in a competitive environment.
- The imminent launch of Facebook at Work will allow employees to connect, assign duties and share information over a personal space.
- Dubai joins 31 cities around the world to offer food delivery via the UberEATS app from September 29.
- Now that the confetti has been cleared from the launch, we get up close and personal with the iPhone 7.
- Virtual reality and 360 degree videos are now easily within your reach with the Samsung Gear 360.
- Nearly 500 million Yahoo! accounts have been compromised by hackers. If you've ever held a Yahoo account, it's time to take action.
- Lebanese banks are reporting massive amounts of cash as a result of a Central Bank swap.
- In a push to bolster consumer protection, Dubai's Land Department will require agents to have a license to advertise overseas property deals.
- Mastercard Global Destinations Cities Index provides rankings of the 132 most visited cities around the world and projects annual visitor volume and spend estimates.
- As part of a plan to encourage public spending, Bank Melli Iran and Ayandeh Bank have begun issuing credit cards based on the Murabahah Islamic financing structure.
- Snap, Inc. have launched 'Spectacles', a pair of sunglasses with cameras on either side that can record up to 30 seconds of video that can be uploaded onto the social network via smartphone.