- The PepsiCo beverages plant, set to open later this year in Jeddah, will manufacture the company’s wide portfolio of carbonates including Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Mirinda and Gatorade. Full Story »
- Users across the region now have access to tens of thousands of hours of local, regional and international premium entertainment via Vuclip's direct to consumer video-on-demand service. Full Story »
- Following Sarah Al-Suhaimi's appointment to chair the Tadawul, Rania Nashar has been named CEO of Samba Financial Group, and Latifa Al-Sabhan has been appointed chief financial officer of Arab National Bank. Full Story »
- The 6th Annual Arab Future Cities Summit Qatar 2017 will be held under the theme ‘Advanced Technologies Transforming Qatar’s Future’ from April 10 to 11 at The Ritz-Carlton, Doha. Full Story »
- Lebanese banks need to cooperate and standardize the use of fintech as is the case with European banks, according to an e-strategy expert. Full Story »
Business InsightsRecent News
- Recent News
- IT and Technology
- Economy and Policy
- Infrastructure and Property
- Oil and Renewables
- Banking & Finance
- Islamic Finance and Industry
- Travel and Tourism
- Education and Employment
- Goods and Services
- Transport and Aviation
IT and Technology
Economy and Policy
Infrastructure and Property
Oil and Renewables
Banking & Finance
Islamic Finance and Industry
Travel and Tourism
Education and Employment
Goods and Services
Transport and Aviation
Mind Your Own Business
- Engineers in MENA have a steady stream of available jobs, which is good news for professionals who are looking to change jobs, those who want to go up the career ladder, or land their first job.
- With the proliferation of online learning and assessment tools and alternative creative approaches, businesses today no longer have to spend massive amounts of money on training programs for their employees.
- It takes more than a fun day of exercises to build a high performing corporate team.
- A new ILO report reveals that working from home may bring certain advantages, but it can also have downsides such as longer working hours.
- UAE HR directors bemoan the fact that many applicants are short on key skills in communication, leadership and strategic planning.
- Depending on what you want to use your savings for, one savings account will be better for you than another.
- To avoid lifestyle upgrades that you can't afford, think of the difference between “want” and “need”.
- As regional transformation programmes gather momentum, the Middle East's major economies present increasingly attractive non-oil, long-term investment opportunities, says a UBS report.
- Valentine’s Day is here and across the world are again loosening up their purse strings to celebrate love.
- You can still enjoy leisurely activities, with a change of mindset and a budget.
- China’s Xiaomi plans expansion across the Middle East with a new range of devices and a flagship store in the UAE.
- Kaspersky Lab researchers have found several security issues in remote car control apps that could potentially allow criminals to cause significant damage for connected car owners.
- Halla Walla aims to bring out glimpses of the Arab culture, and translate them into the modern social media age through characters, nostalgic themes and even GIFs.
- Photo-sharing mobile service Snapchat is reportedly planning to launch an Android smartphone that will give consumers more control over the camera features.
- Yahoo warns that a forged cookie by a 'state sponsored attacker' may have been used in 2015 or 2016 to illegally access accounts.
- The high numbers of Instagram users is good news for local businesses in MENA.
- The $1.9 billion includes $1.57 billion given by donors in 2016 and $344 million carried over from 2015 by U.N. Agencies, the World Bank and NGOs.
- Al Suhaimi is the first woman to lead Saudi's Tadawul, MENA's largest bourse.
- A new two-minaret mosque is under construction in Istanbul's iconic Taksim Square, adjacent to a historic Greek Orthodox church.
- If you think you are being original on your LinkedIn profile, think again.