”City of Arabia” presented in Qatar
"City of Arabia" has come to Doha, Qatar with representatives from the Ilyas & Mustafa Galadari Group in town to present their impressive project, and to market the first tower on the complex to potential investors.
The 30-storey Wadi Tower, which is solely for residential use, will be one of 34 tower blocks forming part of "City of Arabia", the heart of Dubailand, The Peninsula reported.
The City of Arabia is the core residential area in the heart of Dubailand. This new suburb of Dubai is being developed by the Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group (IMGG) and constitutes one of the largest private sector projects in the Middle East.
It will, when completed in 2008, have 40,000 residents. The City will include a giant shopping resort, the Mall of Arabia, which is one of the largest in the world, and a hi-tech theme park, the Restless Planet, which is being developed in collaboration with the Natural History Museum of London, portraying the birth of Planet Earth and the rise and fall of the dinosaurs.
Construction will begin next month on the high- and low-rise residential accommodation. There will be 34 tower-blocks, the Elite Towers, and urban spaces in between called the Wadi Walk, where 5-storey apartment buildings, the Wadi Residences, will look out on a canal lined with shady boulevards, cafes, restaurants and shops.
- Philips presents integrated outdoor lighting solutions ‘IntelligentCity’ at the Arab Future Cities Summit in Qatar
- Gulf Film Festival presents showcase of 21 GCC directors at 3rd Baghdad International Film Festival
- Gulf Film Festival presents a taste of Arab cinema in Sweden
- New 30-storey tower planned for Dubai
- Qatar population falls by 40,000