UAE job opportunities to rise by 2% to 3%
More opportunities will be available to jobseekers this year as business confidence has returned and the UAE continues to perform better than other regions around the world, recruitment experts have said.
Guy Rickett, CEO of Cazar, which offers hiring solutions to employers, said their clients have posted a 13 per cent year-on-year increase in the number of vacancies.
“The UAE is growing and we’ve seen a boost in recruitment across several sectors,” Rickett told Gulf News. However, he added, employers now pay more attention to hiring high-quality candidates.
Global recruitment services provider Morgan McKinley said they are anticipating job opportunities in the UAE to rise approximately by 2 to 3 per cent, while salaries are likely to post a modest increase of 5 to 6 per cent.
“Despite the ongoing global economic issues, the UAE with a GDP growth rate of 3 per cent has been outperforming other regions around the world. As a result, confidence is returning to the business environment which is filtering through to the hiring market,” the company, which recently released the UAE Salary Guide, said in a press release.
Hiring experts said more opportunities will be available in the financial services and banking sector, as well as in the retail and hospitality, and transport and construction industries.
Rickett observed that the retail and hospitality sectors are growing very quickly and have seen an increase in the number of “customer-facing roles”. The booming transport and construction sectors are also on the lookout for highly qualified specialist profiles, such as engineers and experienced project managers.
For Morgan McKinley, the financial services and banking sector is set for growth in hiring. Other skills which are likely to be in demand by employers across the region over the remainder of the year include accountancy, sales and procurement.
- Here are the top 20 most in demand MENA employers, according to LinkedIn
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa
- An unreadable reality: 21 million children in ME may 'miss education'
- Not giving in: Saudi women increasingly demand higher positions
- Professional job opportunities on the rise in the UAE
- Renewed optimism: job opportunities in the UAE increase 21%
- Diverse job opportunities, high-quality employment services minimizing UAE unemployment
- The professionalization of the UAE: Job opportunities for professionals up 12 percent
- Job rush in UAE: work opportunities on the up!