$9,500 a night for a Dubai hotel suite!
The W Dubai Hotel in Al Habtoor City . (Facebook)
The W Dubai Hotel in Al Habtoor City has launched 72 suites with prices for the largest starting from Dhs35,000 ($9,529) per night.
The Extreme WOW suite on the 27th and 28th floors offers views of the Dubai skyline across 690 square metres of space with a circular king bed in the master room, bar, DJ area, runway stage, pool table and steam room.
Others include the 449-square-metre sensational suite on the highest floor of the hotel, priced at Dhs25,000 ($6,807) per night, which includes a spacious bedroom, bar, majlis-style lounge, DJ booth, stage, kitchenette, Jacuzzi and steam room.
There is also the WOW suite with a living room, bar, billiards table, kitchenette, powder room and cigar room from Dhs15,000 ($4,084) and the 170-square-metre mega suite with walk in wardrobes, living room area and enclosed kitchen from Dhs10,000 ($2,723) a night.
The new suites are being launched as hotel prices in the city continue to face price pressure.
Professional service firm EY’s hotel benchmark survey for January showed Dubai had the highest occupancy and revenue per available room in the Middle East and North Africa at 87.6 percent and $246 respectively.
However, average room rates and RevPAR for the month were down 8.1 percent and 7.3 percent respectively as increased hotel room supply put pressure on prices.
The city has 19,578 additional rooms under construction through 64 projects, according to STR Global.
© Motivate Publishing. All rights reserved.
- Snapchat gets a re-brand with launch of Spectacles camera-sunglasses
- Iconic Palmyra arch replica unveiled in London
- Toyota proves popular in Arabia, especially with Daesh
- Jordan's Wadi Rum: One of '50 Greatest Adventures' for your bucket list
- Worldwide weapons: Who are the biggest arms importers and exporters?
- 'Crazy' Dubai hotel suite left David Guetta up all night
- Emirates Grand Hotel launches summer promotion
- Ramada Hotel & Suites Ajman unfurls special Ramadan Iftar buffet promotion!
- Al Sondos Suites by Le Meridien: a leader in the boutique-hotel industry sees 95% occupancy rates in last quarter of 2005.
- Rotana Hotels to manage luxury suites complex at BurJuman