Abu Dhabi to add 4,000 hotel rooms
Abu Dhabi's Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) is moving ahead with 15 projects in partnership with private investors, a top company official said. Upon completion, Abu Dhabi will see up to 4,000 hotel rooms added to its hospitality portfolio within the next three years.
Lee Tabler, Chief Executive, TDIC said it had met with considerable success since the launch earlier this year with its flagship transformation of Saadiyat Island the natural island lying just 500 metres offshore Abu Dhabi city.
According to Gulf News, he said regional individual and corporate investors are keen to enter Abu Dhabi's emerging tourism and hospitality sectors.
- TDIC signs AED 500 million credit facility with banking consortium funds to finance major development projects
- Abu Dhabi: New firm to supervise Saadiyat Island project
- Abu Dhabi: Deal to develop 809,000 square feet plot of land on Saadiyat Island
- TDIC awards German/UAE JV AED 671 million Saadiyat bridge contract
- Enabling works begin on Saadiyat Island site clearance pre-empts construction of new Abu Dhabi destination