Abu Dhabi airport installs $30 million radars
The Abu Dhabi Civil Aviation (DCA) company signed a 111.6 million Emirati dirham ($30 million) contract with a foreign company for the installation of radars at the Abu Dhabi International and Al-Ain airports. The target date of completion of the project is set for March 2004.
The deal is part of a multi-million dollar expansion program at Abu Dhabi International Airport. The new technologies are part of a $230 million project to transform the airport into a major aviation center in the Middle East.
French company, Aeroport de Paris, was awarded the contract to design and supervise construction of a new satellite terminal and the aviation division of US-based Parsons Corporation was awarded the contract to provide program management services for the project. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Raytheon installs $30 million radars at Abu Dhabi and Al Ain airports
- Middle East airport development projects total $8 billion
- Bechtel and local firm win Jeddah airport expansion project
- SITA Information Networking Computing awarded US$5 million contract by Abu Dhabi Department of Civil Aviation
- British firm to design terminal airspace around Jebel Ali International Airport