Abu Dhabi Bank establishes $190 million investment fund
The Abu Dhabi National Bank is to announce next Saturday the creation of a UAED700 million ($190 million) stock investment fund.
In the first three months, the fund will have $40 million for general stock underwrite to reach $190 at later stage. The fund will be administered by a branch of the Abu Dhabi National Bank in the free market area of Saadyyat. The fund has set a minimum of D10,000 ($2,700) for stock underwrite.
About 40 percent of the stock market transactions are done through the Abu Dhabi National Bank, said Terrence Allen, head of the investment department in the Abu Dhabi National Bank.
Allen said the establishment of the fund came at a time when all indications point to a rise of Abu Dhabi stocks.
Allen said the fund would encourage foreign investors to put their money in Abu Dhabi, which has a strong economy. Abu Dhabi's total production value was $60 billion. In addition, Abu Dhabi's economy is free of foreign debt, some thing that is appealing to foreign investors and companies. – (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Invest AD from Abu Dhabi and SBI Holdings setting up partnership and $100 million Africa fund
- Russian Direct Investment Fund and Mubadala establish co-investment fund
- Japan’s SBI Holdings and Abu Dhabi’s Invest AD to invest $100 million in Turkish private equity
- Gulf debt markets to reach $190 billion by 2006
- Abu Dhabi University, Zakat Fund & Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, initiates fundraising campaign aiming to raise AED 15 million to provide 300 education opportunities