When it comes to the UAE, it's always about size: Aldar and Chalhoub join forces to build biggest department store in UAE
The department store will be the largest in the GCC region (Image: Aldar Properties)
Aldar Properties, a leading property development, investment and management company in Abu Dhabi, has signed a deal with Chalhoub Group to create the region’s largest department store experience in Yas Mall.
The 200,000 sq ft department store will showcase a portfolio representing a range of more than 200 global brands.
Featuring a large variety of concessions stores and designers, the store will complement the extensive brand mix found elsewhere in the mall, covering beauty and cosmetics, fashion, accessories and an extensive children’s’ selection.
Mohammed Al Mubarak, CEO, said: “Our partnership with Chalhoub Group is another important differentiator for Yas Mall, Yas Island and the wider Abu Dhabi retail landscape. We have worked closely with Chalhoub Group to identify and develop the best department store experience for Yas Mall.
“We believe that by creating a new concept, with one of the region’s most respected luxury retailers, we will create a unique shopping experience that complements the diverse retail mix already in place at the mall.”
Patrick Chalhoub, Chalhoub Group’s CEO, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Aldar on this new and unique project in Abu Dhabi. We believe that Yas Mall is the perfect place for us to be launching a new and exciting store concept to market and showcase a selection of international design houses. We look forward to revealing more details over the coming months.”
- Saudi intervenes to keep Mecca-Medina project on track : "final warning" to avoid slowing high-speed rail service
- 2014 and Dubai's realty: from euphoria to caution
- How will plunging oil prices affect Dubai's glittery real estate sector?
- Home prices in Israel makes making ends meet impossible for families
- Putting their eggs in tourists' baskets: why Dubai's real estate developers are shifting to hospitality