When it comes to the UAE, it's always about size: Aldar and Chalhoub join forces to build biggest department store in UAE
The department store will be the largest in the GCC region (Image: Aldar Properties)
Aldar Properties, a leading property development, investment and management company in Abu Dhabi, has signed a deal with Chalhoub Group to create the region’s largest department store experience in Yas Mall.
The 200,000 sq ft department store will showcase a portfolio representing a range of more than 200 global brands.
Featuring a large variety of concessions stores and designers, the store will complement the extensive brand mix found elsewhere in the mall, covering beauty and cosmetics, fashion, accessories and an extensive children’s’ selection.
Mohammed Al Mubarak, CEO, said: “Our partnership with Chalhoub Group is another important differentiator for Yas Mall, Yas Island and the wider Abu Dhabi retail landscape. We have worked closely with Chalhoub Group to identify and develop the best department store experience for Yas Mall.
“We believe that by creating a new concept, with one of the region’s most respected luxury retailers, we will create a unique shopping experience that complements the diverse retail mix already in place at the mall.”
Patrick Chalhoub, Chalhoub Group’s CEO, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Aldar on this new and unique project in Abu Dhabi. We believe that Yas Mall is the perfect place for us to be launching a new and exciting store concept to market and showcase a selection of international design houses. We look forward to revealing more details over the coming months.”
- The Kingdom will sure 'look different' by 2030: Saudi Arabia has 80 mega-projects up its sleeve
- Too pricey? MENA property hikes are off-putting for new buyers
- Fleeing war? UAE is the safe haven: Dubai property market is safe and secure according to a top banker
- CEO of the UAE's top developer, MAF Properties talks money and retail
- The top five mistakes committed by real estate agents
- Aldar prepares to open UAE’s largest Geant supermarket in Yas Mall
- Al-Futtaim and Aldar sign agreement to build Mideast’s largest IKEA store on Yas Island
- Leading Abu Dhabi property developer Aldar to lease apartments for Cleveland Clinic
- Aldar Properties launches new steps
- aldar properties announces appointment of banks for a US$2.1 billion syndicated loan facility