Abu Dhabi: Foreigners can own only leasehold property
Foreigners can own only leasehold property, not freehold in Abu Dhabi for the time being, General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of UAE Armed Forces, said on Saturday.
"As per the law, foreigners can own property on 99-year lease. There is no change in that law now. But if we plan to change the law, we will announce that," he told reporters, according to Gulf News.
- Sorouh launches Abu Dhabi’s first Rent-to-Own offer
- UAE Property Laws boost freehold and leasehold sales
- Dubai property law to limit foreign ownership of property
- BID to showcase Phase 2 of Bawabat Al Sharq at Abu Dhabi Real Estate & Investment Show
- Tamouh investments exhibits impressive stand at cityscape dubai