Private sector growing in Abu Dhabi
The private sector made up nearly a third of Abu Dhabi’s overall gross domestic product of Dh691 billion last year, according to Mohammad Thani Murshed Al Rumaithi, chairman of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“The sector’s contribution to GDP was estimated at around Dh218 billion in 2011 and is forecast to reach Dh232 billion this year,” Al Rumaithi told delegates at the annual Abu Dhabi conference organised by MEED in the capital.
“It is expected that the sector would grow by about 6.4 per cent this year while the non-oil public sector is projected to expand by 5.5 per cent. The non-oil public sector stood at about Dh126 billion but could grow to Dh133 billion this year,” he added.
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship