Private sector growing in Abu Dhabi
The private sector made up nearly a third of Abu Dhabi’s overall gross domestic product of Dh691 billion last year, according to Mohammad Thani Murshed Al Rumaithi, chairman of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“The sector’s contribution to GDP was estimated at around Dh218 billion in 2011 and is forecast to reach Dh232 billion this year,” Al Rumaithi told delegates at the annual Abu Dhabi conference organised by MEED in the capital.
“It is expected that the sector would grow by about 6.4 per cent this year while the non-oil public sector is projected to expand by 5.5 per cent. The non-oil public sector stood at about Dh126 billion but could grow to Dh133 billion this year,” he added.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents