Abu Dhabi property prices to rise thru 2009
Recent industry data reveals that Abu Dhabi, property prices should continue to rise until 2009.
The expected increase is seen as a result of Abu Dhabi government plans to invest $175 billion in the emirate's economy until 2012, according to Gulf News. In addition, rising oil prices are also expected to drive demand.
Steve Brice, regional head of research for Standard Chartered bank for the Middle East added that the sustained rise is also attributed to the fact that estimates for the release of new property to the market are unlikely to be fulfilled.
- Dubai apartment prices rise 10pc, villa prices 30pc in 2006
- Dubai property prices to fall 5pc in 2007
- Inflation could be affected unless Abu Dhabi rents stabilize
- Supply constraints in Dubai property market push expected price decline to 2009
- Expert: Dubai inflation to drop thanks to correction of property market