Abu Dhabi reels in retail scene
“After a period of significant under-supply, where many of the major malls have been running at close to 100 per cent occupancy, Abu Dhabi is now entering into a new growth period for retail stock,” said Nick Maclean, managing director at the property consultancy CBRE.
“During this period we anticipate a dramatic transformation of the retail landscape in Abu Dhabi, both in terms of supply and quality,” Maclean said.
“New retail destinations such as the recently opened The Galleria and the soon-to-be-opened Yas Mall are helping to increase the emirate’s exposure, bringing new brands and concepts to the region.
Overall, these are exciting times for the retail industry in the capital.”
By Manoj Nair
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal