Abu Dhabi - Dubai rail link on the right tracks
The route for the high-speed rail link between Abu Dhabi and Dubai has been decided.
Planners for Etihad Rail said yesterday they have also acquired all the land necessary for the rail line to go ahead.
They made the announcement after the first meeting of the Etihad Rail-Federal Government Coordination Committee at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
It was the first time the government and the company have sat down to plot out how best to create the network.
Falah Al Ahbabi, a member of Etihad Rail’s board, promised that the rail network will be built “with minimal passage through residential areas” and will “also later link to the greater GCC railway network”.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue