Abu Dhabi - Dubai rail link on the right tracks
The route for the high-speed rail link between Abu Dhabi and Dubai has been decided.
Planners for Etihad Rail said yesterday they have also acquired all the land necessary for the rail line to go ahead.
They made the announcement after the first meeting of the Etihad Rail-Federal Government Coordination Committee at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
It was the first time the government and the company have sat down to plot out how best to create the network.
Falah Al Ahbabi, a member of Etihad Rail’s board, promised that the rail network will be built “with minimal passage through residential areas” and will “also later link to the greater GCC railway network”.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment