Abu Dhabi - Dubai rail link on the right tracks
The future for travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai?
Click here to add Abu Dhabi as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Etihad Rail as an alert
Disable alert for Etihad Rail,
Click here to add Etihad Rail-Federal Government Coordination Committee as an alert
Disable alert for Etihad Rail-Federal Govern ...,
Click here to add Falah Al Ahbabi as an alert
Disable alert for Falah Al Ahbabi
The route for the high-speed rail link between Abu Dhabi and Dubai has been decided.
Planners for Etihad Rail said yesterday they have also acquired all the land necessary for the rail line to go ahead.
They made the announcement after the first meeting of the Etihad Rail-Federal Government Coordination Committee at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
It was the first time the government and the company have sat down to plot out how best to create the network.
Falah Al Ahbabi, a member of Etihad Rail’s board, promised that the rail network will be built “with minimal passage through residential areas” and will “also later link to the greater GCC railway network”.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?