Abu Dhabi - Dubai rail link on the right tracks
The future for travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai?
Click here to add Abu Dhabi as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Etihad Rail as an alert
Disable alert for Etihad Rail,
Click here to add Etihad Rail-Federal Government Coordination Committee as an alert
Disable alert for Etihad Rail-Federal Govern ...,
Click here to add Falah Al Ahbabi as an alert
Disable alert for Falah Al Ahbabi
The route for the high-speed rail link between Abu Dhabi and Dubai has been decided.
Planners for Etihad Rail said yesterday they have also acquired all the land necessary for the rail line to go ahead.
They made the announcement after the first meeting of the Etihad Rail-Federal Government Coordination Committee at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
It was the first time the government and the company have sat down to plot out how best to create the network.
Falah Al Ahbabi, a member of Etihad Rail’s board, promised that the rail network will be built “with minimal passage through residential areas” and will “also later link to the greater GCC railway network”.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow