Accelerated regional demand drives mobile satcom industry expansion
Communications Network Inmarsat will be supported at GITEX by two of its leading global partners as it accelerates its development activities in this region. The company’s pavilion, shared this year with Marlink and Telecom Italia, will be a showcase of the Middle East market's potential as the mobile satcom industry continues to grow.
Inmarsat will also be on a partner recruitment drive at the show, kicking off with a major satcoms event on October 18, at the Emirates Towers Hotel.
Inmarsat owns and operates a global mobile satellite network and delivers it communications solutions through a worldwide network of approximately 260 distributors and other service providers operating in over 80 countries to end users in the maritime, land and aeronautical sectors.
The company has a portfolio of mobile satellite solutions, including voice, fax, intranet and Internet access and other data services. At the end of June 2002, approximately 270,000 terminals were registered to access Inmarsat's services. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Inmarsat and Nokia joined forces for Wireless LAN development
- Satellite to break Middle East mobile access barriers
- Inmarsat launches 'next generation' of data communications satellite service
- Inmarsat offers enhanced high-speed data capacity over the Middle East
- Inmarsat hosts satellite communications seminar in Cairo